Thursday, December 10, 2009

Who plays Second Life?

I've been thinking about joining Second Life, mostly just to explore and hang out with people. I'm not necessarily interested in the business/economic aspects of the game.



Is it easy to play and meet people? How does it work? Does it cost much money to set up a person? How much can you do without spending money?



Basically, I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth the effort. Also, can you play it from any computer, or is there something you have to download? I have a PC at home that I'm sure can handle it, but can I also sign in from my Mac at work if I choose? I don't want to have to install anything on this computer, since it belongs to the company.



Who plays Second Life?movie theater



Yes, SecondLife is fairly easy to play and its very easy to meet people. I've been playing for the past four or so years (on and off), and i've liked it so far..mainly because the gameplay is pretty original and you can honestly do anything on SL (SecondLife).



SL is completely free but you can upgrade to a "premium" account, which basically entitles you to a weekly allowance of L$300 and the ability to own property/land. Other than that free accounts and premium accounts are exactly the same.



The only cons in my opinion to secondlife is that you'll normally lag even if you have a good computer and you probably always will be broke unless you intend spending real $ or working every day on secondlife.



But you can still have alot fun even if you never intend on spending real money on virtual money or getting a job on SL. I do, and I never have more than a few hundred dollars on me. If you meet the right people, you'll always have fun.



Also, yes, you have to download SecondLife to play it.



Who plays Second Life?tickets opera theater



i really am interested in knowing alot of the answers to your questions, unfortunately I don't know any of the answers but good luck to you!
Yes, I agree in your first paragraph.



It's easy to play and meet a person there. You just right click the floor and select walk there. No. The tutorial will help you. Abosolutely wide enough to consume an hour.



BTW, you need to download it's installer first. It's about 558 MB. Big enough for a modem to stay up overnight.
I was thiinking about joining as well. Seeing this peaked my interest more. Good Question!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++