Saturday, December 5, 2009

I play on a high school soccer team and one of the girls found out shes pregnant and she still plays

a girl on my soccer team at school (shes 15) found out shes pregnant and she is still playing soccer for the time being. I mean, she found out like a week ago and told the coach but she keeps practicing and working out. Her parents dont know yet and I am just wondering how safe that is for her baby? Our coach works us out hard. not only do we lift weights 3 times a week, but we run at least 2 miles a day as well. isnt this bad!?



I play on a high school soccer team and one of the girls found out shes pregnant and she still plays?performing arts



I suggest you go to your principal. By law a pregnant girl can not play a school sport, your coach can loose her job for allowing her to play.



I was 16 when I found out I was pregnant and was on Track, Soccer and Cheerleading. I asked my mother who is a GYN if I could stay on any of the teams and she said no that I could fall and end up losing the baby and she told me it was against the law for the coaches to allow me to stay on the teams.



The coach may allow her to be on the team and once her parents find out they can even let her play on the team but that does not make it okay, if it gets back to the school board the coach can very well lose her job and if this girl is to say fall and lose the baby the parents can sue the crap out of the coach for allowing her to play while pregnant.



I think you really need to go to the principal and while your there talk about getting a new coach, the one you have now sounds very stupid and irresponsible.



iampatsaja your sister is a idiot and so is her coach, by law a pregnant girl can not play a school sport and if your sister would have fell and lost the baby she would of never forgave herself.



It annoys the heck out of me seeing all these idiots doing crap that can cause them to lose a baby when so many women are trying like heck to have babies and can't.



I play on a high school soccer team and one of the girls found out shes pregnant and she still plays?binoculars opera theater



My sister was pregnant at 14, played basketball until her 4th month.



There is nothing wrong with sticking with the same level of exercise as before you were pregnant.
Since her body is in condition to do that, she should be fine. Her doctor has probably advised her about this. As she starts to show, her balance will be different and she may have to slow it down a little.
that is personal business so dont worry about it. let her do whatever she wants
No. She may have to change her workout but doesn't have to stop it. I did Kung Fu until the day before my due date.
yes and if you can you should tell her parents it might be the coach baby lol but 4 real it isnt healthy and her parents should be alert tell them imagine if it was your child?
I don't think thats to wrong unless she is like 8 months pregnant and continues this behavior. If you still have doubts contact a doctor about it.



~Hugz
sticking with your exercise routine is perfectly fine for pregnant women....or girls....



just keep out of it. she's very young and probably not ready to have babies. everything will turn out how it's supposed to be.
to start with a 15 year old girl shouldnt be pregnant,, and if she is playing scoccer she should be real careful cause she could get hurt and hurt her baby as well, the coach should have spoken to her about this and not have let her play, the first few months is when you can lose the baby very easy, maybe shes trying to lose it, she shouldnt over do it ...
When a woman is pregnant she should be able to perform the same physical activity as before she became pregnant, so yes, this should be a safe activity for her unless she is told otherwise by a doctor.



Tell your friend that she does need to tell her parents and she needs to go to the doctor so that she can start getting prenatal care for the baby. Good Luck
man i play soccer and im her age, thats insane!! ive sparined my ankle 4 times in 1 season and she's risking the health of her baby! wow. sorry she should be benched. thats dangerous to her and ehr baby, if u to are good friends i think its time for a sit down one on one with her.
Mild exercise is okay but I would be concerned about contact sports.
This is just my opinion but Im 17 and had a miscarriage 4 months ago and it was the end of the world to me I dunno if she just doesnt care but I wouldnt be lifting stuff or running that much pregnant Its not a good idea to stop completely but to much could lead to disaster. I was 6 1/2 weeks and had a miscarriage b/c i had sex so what shes doing could be much worse
its ok
It is fine, doctors always promote physical activity, but I'm sure that she'll feel uncomfortable before the baby will be harmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++