Saturday, December 5, 2009

After an actor plays a certain roll in a movie?

Does it turn you off alittle toward other characters they play in other movies? For me I would have to say after seeing Geena Davis in Long Kiss Goodnight (one of my favorit movies) it is really hard for me to see her in kid movies like Stewart Little. Kiefer Sutherland after playing in Eye for an Eye, its hard for me to watch him play a hero in 24. Anyone else feel the same about other Actors? Name the movies. Thanks



After an actor plays a certain roll in a movie?plays



I feel that way about eddie murphy. He goes from playing a cop (which he is good at) to playing a nerd and then a nutty professor (which he is not good at).



After an actor plays a certain roll in a movie?opera ticket opera theater



You mean like a dinner roll or a hamburger roll?



Whatever role I am first exposed to them as an actor, that is usually the type of character I have of them in my mind when I see them in other roles. But if they are good enough as an actor, then that soon fades for me as the film progresses.
Yes! But if they are good enough acters I will forget about their other role.
no... I don't stereotype the actors that I enjoy watching.....



in fact... I like it when they can be versatile
Stereotyping actors is certainly nothing new. In the old studio-system,the public was fed a carefully built,carefully micro-managed"image" of major and even minor character actors.Part of it is the public's fault(we are after all,a fickle bunch)and it's sometimes the actor's fault for having played the role,whatever it is,with such brilliance that we want to freeze them in that mold and get cross when they try to do something new. Those who've managed to navigate the star-making machine are among the chosen few.Look at all the great,great talents who were nominated for Oscars(if you can consider that a template) and NEVER won(although people assume that just because they're that good,they have won)the list is mind-boggling. But primarily the fault is ours.
I feel that if an actor/actress is good , then you will quickly forget the other movies they were in.
It's hard for me to believe that Wayne Gale (Natural Born Killers) is going to be Iron Man. Are you serious?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++