Thursday, December 10, 2009

Does anyone have any good Redneck kind of plays?

I need a play for my Stagecraft Class. I wanted to use Greater Texas, but I can't get the script for it! So - I have to rebuild a scene from a play and I had this Idea of making it a coutry tailgating party kind of thing. I really wanted to get a backwoodsy play, but I can't seem to find any. So, ANY suggestions on a play would be great. Really, any play that has a descriptive scene in it would work, but I had my heart set on a country themed play... Thanks!



Does anyone have any good Redneck kind of plays?pacific theater



I know this wont be a lot of help, because I dont know where to find the script, but if you can find it, check out "Great Smokies." It is written by Roma Greth. It is a one-act play that I performed in way back in eighth grade. It is about a Smokie's backwoods family, and the courtship of their daughter. It is hilarious. Just to give you an idea, one line always stuck out to me and I still remember it to this day. Hiram, who is courting the daughter, says to her... "Your eyes are like two peeled grapes, lying in a horse through."



I am not sure where you could find the script, unless it is in an anthology somewhere. I checked under Samuel French's website and couldnt find it. I did see a copy of it on Amazon.com.



She also has two other "hillbilly" plays... Hillbilly Weddin' and Mountain Gal. I havent seen or read these, but if they are as good as Great Smokies, I am sure they will definitely fit the bill.



Good luck!



Does anyone have any good Redneck kind of plays?phantom of the opera opera theater



Have you thought about the show "Greater Tuna"?? It takes place in Greater Tuna, Texas, and has a host of odd characters from the town.
"An Evening of Culture" is a fun one about a bunch of rednecks putting on "Romeo and Juliet". It is by Mark Landon Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++